FILM & TV
- FIRST TRY documentary film score (dir. Josh Prince)
- COME BACK ANYTIME documentary film score (dir. John Daschbach)
- DECAY film score (dir. Joseph Wartnerchaney, starring Rob Zabrecky, Jackie Hoffman, and Lisa Howard)
- Feature film scores for BRIEF REUNION (dir. John Daschbach) and LAST DAYS OF LEFT EYE (VH1 Rock Docs)
- End credits song for WAKING DREAMS starring Ben Shenkman.
- THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR
- THE ASTONISHING RETURN OF… THE PROTAGONISTS! (2015 NAMT Festival of New Musicals, 2019 MT Fest UK)
- GO-GO BEACH (dir. John Simpkins, 2006 New York Musical Theatre Festival, licensed through Theatrical Rights Worldwide)
- QUIET NO MORE choral oratorio commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall uprising, with performances at Carnegie Hall and Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- HAVANASIS (text by U.S. inaugural poet Richard Blanco from “City of a Hundred Fires”, commissioned by Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles)
- OUT OF MY RANGE (Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus)
- ALEXANDER’S HOUSE (Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington DC, winner of the 2013 Washington Area Music Award for “Best Classical Recording”)
- THE KUSHNER TRILOGY, including “I Want More Life” (text from “Angels In America: Perestroika”, commissioned by Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus for the 2009 Tony Kushner Festival at the Guthrie Theatre)
- THROUGH A GLASS, DARKLY (Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus)
Michael received his MFA from NYU’s Tisch Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Program in 1999. Before moving to New York, he performed for 15 years as a classical pianist in Detroit.